We're back in Belgium this year,
and we return to one of our favorite cities: Antwerp.
This time we're at the brand new, and at the same time 19th century Elisabeth Center Antwerp
aka 'Flanders Meeting & Convention Center Antwerp'.
Antwerp is renowned as being the diamond capital of the world. It is the second largest city in Belgium.
This cosmopolitan, down to earth city is full of fascinating architecture and historical institutions, complemented by a lively nightlife.
It is located on the banks of the river Schelde and is bordered by the countries of The Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg and France. It is also the second largest port in Europe behind Rotterdam, Netherlands, and is one of the 10 largest ports in the world.
The people of Antwerp have always been known for their happy go lucky way of life. This could be because of their easy-going lifestyles and their liking of good food.
About the 'Elisabeth Center Antwerp'
- Address: Koningin Astridplein 20-26, 2018 Antwerp, Belgium
- The Elisabeth Center Antwerp is located in the heart of Antwerp and is within easy reach by public transport.
Adjacent to Antwerp Central Station, it boasts easy train connections and many tram and bus stops close by. Moreover, there is ample parking space in the immediate surrounding.
- History: The Queen Elisabeth Hall was inaugurated on 25 July 1897. The historic wing features different kinds of marble, high ceilings and Art Nouveau architecture.
At the end of 2016, the completely rebuild Hall opens up to the public.
- The FMCCA 'Flanders Meeting and Convention Center Antwerp' is completely new and opens up in April 2017.
Engage is one of the first international conferences being held there!
- A Room with a ZOO: The monumental Antwerp ZOO, just next door, is entwined with Elisabeth Center Antwerp. With its very rich fauna and flora and a good number of listed Art Deco buildings, this 19th century zoo is an endless source of inspiration. An architectural steel and glass marvel, the late 19th century Winter Garden is an extra asset. Entering the Winter Garden is like arriving into a dense woodland, where you can walk among hundreds of butterflies during the Spring and Summer.
- The British-American magazine Mashable awarded Antwerpen-Centraal the first place for the most beautiful railway station in the world (in 2014).
It is adjacent to the venue, and the perfect destination for your trip to Antwerp.
Inside the Antwerp Central Train Station
The impressive main exterior of the Antwerp Train Station
The renovated entrance to the Zoo
The Atrium of the Elisabeth Center. The place to meet.
The Queen Elisabeth Hall for the Keynote
The Marble hall for the VIP dinner
Travel InformationMore info on the 'Visit Antwerp' website.
The Elisabeth Center is easily accessible, and located in the heart of the city of Antwerp.
As the majestic Railway Station: 'Antwerpen Centraal', is next door to the venue, the rail is by far the preferred way of traveling!
More accessibility info
Antwerp is easy to reach by train from all surrounding countries, and has a direct connection to and from Brussels Airport.
Look here for scheduling your trip
From the Brussels (Zaventem) airport take a direct train to 'Antwerpen Centraal'.
High Speed trains connect Paris and London to Brussels-South/Midi. There you can take trains to Antwerp too.
Walk, are take a taxi to your hotel, most of them are within a 300m radius from the train station (and thus from the venue, as it is next door).
Antwerp is centrally located, and is easy to reach by car from all surrounding countries.
A good number of car parks are available in the immediate vicinity of Flanders Meeting & Convention Center Antwerp.
Note however that the venue is right in the middle of town. Calculate extra time to get there.
An advice: park on the outskirts, e.g. in the parking lot of 'Berchem Station'. A train can take you to the center in a few minutes.
is located only fifteen minutes outside the city center, and offers direct flights to and from London and Hamburg.
Visitors flying to Brussels International Airport
profit from a direct train connection to Antwerp Central Station.
Click this link
, which contains the venue, car parks, hotels and the railway stations.