We're preparing our next big 2-day event on May 14-15 (Tuesday-Wednesday), 2019.
Here's more info regarding the nearby hotels and reduced rate room-reservation.
Details about the venue
and how it can be reached
are available here.
On previous occasions, we had outstanding speakers (2018)
and also in 2017
We want to see you do a presentation
Let us know if you have a great topic you would like to talk about.
We have 3 different types of presentation
All sessions have to be presented in English
- Normal sessions take 45 or 60 minutes (depending on the slot in the schedule).
Please allow about 5 minutes for Q&A.
- Short sessions last 20 minutes.
Depending on the number of submissions, we will fill the 45 minutes slots with 2x 20' (and a 5' break in between, to set up).
- Round-Table discussions: No or minimal slides if possible.
15 to 20 people can sit around the table or in a small theater, with some people standing around.
. Please bring your own laptop/tablet for doing the presentation.
All rooms are equipped for projection, (VGA and HDMI, resolution 1280x800, 1920x1200 or Full HD, depending on the room) and have wireless internet connection (we hope it is very reliable).
There will be 5 tracks:
- Business & Strategy
- Administration & Deployment
- Emerging Technologies
- Commercial (gold/platinum sponsors only).
Please submit your session proposal before end of March 30th
. This will allow us to sort through the submissions. We should be able to announce the accepted session early April.
Some of the criteria for being approved are:
- Originality (if 5 people want to talk about Customizing Connections, we're not going to approve them all)
- Timeliness (don't submit a session about older technology)
- Interest and Relation to all thing IBM Collaboration Solutions (Service Now might be interesting, but not that many attendees will be interested, nor is it relevant)
Note that, we are open to topics that broaden existing solutions (e.g. modern JS frameworks, emerging technologies)
- Availability of slots (we can approve around 80 sessions)
- Track record as a speaker (note that we have had first-time speakers at every Engage event, so go for it!)
Session Proposals will be accepted as of mid October!
*All submitted sessions are subject to the Engage's approval
Important: Some guidelines about your Speaker Picture and Bio
Contrary to some years, we will not be able to cover the hotel expenses.
The venue is very expensive again this year.
You have to book a room yourself (use the hotel link above).
We are known to treat our guests very well, and want to keep this tradition going (yes, we will have chocolates in serious quantities again).
An exciting VIP Dinner (for all speakers and main sponsor representatives) is planned, on the first evening at the main venue itself.
For those speakers that are still around on the second evening, we have an evening activity scheduled.
Every year we try to find something exciting, and I can guarantee you, it's going to be awesome again!
We can only accommodate about 60 people!
Many cities in Belgium and The Netherlands (Bruges, Ghent, Antwerp, Brussels, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, ...) are well worth visiting, so extend your stay and enjoy.
All of the interesting cities are relatively nearby, and can be reached by car or train in less than an hour and a half.